IMAILE aims to meet the technological challenges facing European education head on!
The city of Halmstad (Sweden) is coordinating the FP7 project IMAILE where public procurers of ICT in Education from four countries are using the PCP instrument (pre-commercial procurement) to stimulate user driven innovation in cooperation with European ICT industry, research and SMEs.
It is the first project on a European level which addresses the area of ICT in the field of Education and e-learning from both the demand and the supply side. Enabling a dialogue between the demand and supply sides will allow research and innovation to focus on to the actual needs of the end–users (European schools, teachers and students) equipping them with the tools they need to bring the classroom into the 21st century.
Project Coordinator at the Alexanderson Institute: Tomas Rasmussen
Funding Programme: EU's Seventh Framework Programme for Research (FP7)
- Municipality of Halmstad (Sweden)
- Innovation Agency Non-profit Ltd. (Hungary)
- Ministry of Finance of Saxony-Anhalt (Germany)
- Municipality of Konnevesi (Finland)
- Oulu University – Center of Internet Excellence
- E.N.T.E.R. (Austria)
- INOVAMAIS (Portugal)
- Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg – Faculty of Computer Science
- Ajuntament Viladecans (Spain)
Total budget: EUR 4.600.000
Lead Beneficiary: City of Halmstad, www.halmstad.se