The aim of North Sea SEP is to develop and promote a model for regional development centred on renewable energy and energy efficiency, meeting the needs of local and regional authorities engaging with sustainable energy planning. It is a three-year project partly funded by the European Regional Development Fund, Interreg IVB North Sea Region Programme. Lead Partner is Jade Hochschule from Germany. Consisting of 15 partners from six countries, the partnership aims to develop and promote:
- Baseline studies and energy analyses of each participating region.
- Model for local / regional energy scenarios, strategies and roadmaps.
- Innovative forms of local / regional organization, cooperation and private-public partnership.
- New business models for local/regional energy industries and markets, and new procedures for supply-chain management.
- Sustainable energy evaluation methods, criteria, quality indicators and benchmarks.
- A range of practical tools processes for energy planning, including GIS techniques, photogrammetric plotting, and analysis of different insulation techniques.
- Web-based tools for cost benefit analysis.
- A wiki platform and discussion forums to share case studies and best practice.
For more information: www.northseasep.eu